Welcome to the frequently asked questions page. Here you will find answer to commonly asked questions about the Tea Haus, our products and store.
- Can I order my tea and pick it up from the store?
Yes, you can. Our shopping cart system allows you to select the option “pick up at store”during checkout. This is a great idea, especially during our busy time in November and December.
- How can I check the remaining balance on my gift certificate / gift card?
You can login to view your account. The bottom of your account page will show the remaining balance of our gift certificate / gift card. If you can't find the information you are looking for, feel free to email us.
- Can I place a special order for a product that you don’t have in stock?
Talk to one of our staff at the store or contact us by email. If the tea that you are looking for is a non-stock item, we will try to find it for you. Minimum quantity for special orders is usually 500g.
- Pricing Information
All Prices subject to change without notice. Products are subject to availability. All charges in Canadian Funds.
- Do you offer free samples?
We do send a free sample of our products with your online order. Another great way to discover our teas very easy and inexpensive is with our sample size that you can purchase for any of our teas.
- Do you have more locations?
We currently have one location in London, Ontario (The Tea Haus, 130 King Street, London, Ontario).
- Do you wholesale?
No. We want to make sure that we can serve our customers online and in our retail location properly without compromises.
- Ingredients and allergy information ?
Disclaimer: If you have a serious allergy, we recommend that you consult your physician before you consume any of our products as we use real herbs, spices, flower petals & blossoms, nuts, fruit, and berries in some of our teas.
- Flavouring information
Teas are flavoured in many different ways, often with natural herbs, berries, fruits or spices, and occasionally with essential oils or extracts. Sometimes we use what might seem like odd combinations to approximate a certain flavour – a mixture of banana extract and green mango, for instance, combines to produce a great apple flavour, and green apple notes are almost always added to mango to bring out its natural flavour.
Our “all natural” or “natural” flavourings are derived from the natural extracts and essences of fruits, berries, herbs or nuts. These extracts are suspended in a carrier like grain alcohol or grapefruit seed oil that can be used in products bearing the organic certification or “all natural” designation.
Flavours simply referred to as “flavouring” (without “natural” or “all natural”) fall into one of two categories:
1) They are what is known in Europe as “natural identical,” meaning they have been created in a lab but have the same molecular structure as their natural counterparts. In Europe, these flavourings are referred to as “natural flavouring,” but in Canada and the US we distinguish between these and what we think of as “natural.”
2) They use a flavour carrier that does not meet North American “all natural” regulations. Usually this is propylene glycol (a diol or double alcohol with formula C3H8O2). Propylene glycol is used in many food and cosmetic products as well as medicines, and when used in teas as a flavour carrier, it is used at no more than ±3% and evaporates off the tea immediately to remain at less than 0.01% on the dry leaf. The amount in the actual cup of tea is immeasurably small.
- Are your teas gluten-free?
Yes. All of our teas are completely gluten free.
- Do your teas contain sugar?
Currently, only three of our teas contain candied pineapple pieces, or candied banana pieces (Banana Banana, Pina Colada fruit blend and Pina Colada black tea). Our list of ingredients will provide that information.
- How many calories are in your tea?
Our teas are calorie and sugar free (as long as you don't add milk and/or sugar). **currently, only three teas contain candied fruit pieces. We reference it in our list of ingredients on our website.
- Is there dairy/lactose in any of your teas?
All our teas are lactose/dairy free.
- What is the best way to store tea?
Tea is an easy product to store, provided you observe a few simple precautions. The first is keep it dry. The second is keep it closed, as tea will easily absorb neighboring scents and flavours. Lastly, keep it out of direct sunlight, and its damaging UV rays. Our favourite tea caddies come with a double lid to ensure ultimate freshness.
Please ensure to close the zippers atop the pouches in which our teas are packaged to ensure that that last cup is as fresh as the first. Should you prefer others means of storage, we recommend either metal canisters or glass jars. Both offer an air-tight seal to keep tea dry and insulated from external scents.
Most teas do not require refrigeration, although connoisseurs of green teas from Japan often store them in this fashion. However, freezing teas or storing them in the fridge would produce the opposite effect, introducing moisture that is damaging to tea leaves. For this reason, we recommend keeping all tea leaves out of the freezer and the fridge.